Surgeon saves child that swallowed screw

Surgeons at Petah Tikva’s Children’s Medical Centre removed a 3.5 cm screw that had been swallowed by a three-year old boy. Dr Noam Zavit used a tiny “basket” to pick up the screw and pull it out through the oesophagus and throat. In August, Dr Zavit pulled an open safety pin from the throat of an 11-month-old baby.
http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=240281

This entry was posted in Israel's Medical Achievements. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.